A Power of Attorney (POA) form is a legal document that lets you appoint someone you trust, called your “agent” or “attorney-in-fact,” to manage your affairs if you’re unable to do so.
Simply download this .doc and .pdf format example, as an example, and complete all your paperwork by yourself without hiring a lawyer.
let’s look at the top 10 benefits of having a comprehensive durable power of attorney:
1. provides the ability to choose who will make decisions for you (rather than a court)
2. avoids the necessity of a guardianship or conservatorship
3. provides family members a good opportunity to discuss wishes and desires
4. the more comprehensive the power of attorney, the better
5. prevents questions about principal’s intent
6. prevents delays in asset protection planning
7. protects the agent from claims of financial abuse
8. allows agents to talk to other agencies
9. allows an agent to perform planning and transactions to make the principal eligible for public benefits
10. provides peace of mind for everyone involved